Imaginative Ways to Save Money A-Z

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Bulk

I am a major fan of buying in bulk.  At my favourite store Costco www.costco.com.au I have saved packets of money.  For example, we needed toilet paper and our usual brand was on special at Coles for 0.37cents per hundred sheets.  Costco had the same brand selling for .19cents per hundred sheets.  Of course I did have to buy 60 rolls.  Our pantry is full bulk purchases.  I even buy bulk in fruit and veg.  What I cant cook up over the week, I chop and freeze.

I also like to give some away to family members.  Often they will give us the produce from their gardens, or are extremely generous in buying gifts for us, so it  feels good to share in our 'abundance'.

If we dont have spare cash however, we do not buy in bulk.  Buying in bulk on a credit card that can't be repaid before the end of the month is not really any saving at all because you are paying interest on your bargains.

1 comment:

  1. Not only do we buy in bulk to save, we buy massive amounts of products if they are on for greatly reduced sales prices. This is a tactic of ours with things like toilet paper and paper towel, which we know we will always have a need for. As long as you can pay for the products, buy more when a sale hits and you will save much more over time.

    ReplyDelete