Imaginative Ways to Save Money A-Z

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Breastfeeding

To start with breastfeeding for me was boring and a little uncomfortable.  How do I hold the baby? Which side did I feed last? etc, but now I love it.  In fact, I love it so much, that at 15 months, my son is still on two feeds a day.   Check out http://www.breastfeeding.asn.au/ for more information on breastfeeding your baby.

I will be honest, my main motivation for breastfeeding was because I had heard you can lose massive amounts of weight and eat what you want.  I believed that myth, and consumed a packet of chocolate biscuits daily, until the figures on the scales started to rise.

In addition to all the pros regarding the health of the mother and child with breast milk, it saves heaps.  I have read that it saves approximately $2,500 a year on formula.  Now that is pretty substantial.

No comments:

Post a Comment